State of Audanika AUV3 Support
Many dream of it: AUV3 support for Audanika. We would like to support it. Here is where we stand.
- 2022–01–05: The flutter team has responded and a separate GitHub issue is created.
- 2021–12–28: We published a Flutter based sample AUV3 and asked Google for support. Flutter engine is working, but the user interface content is not rendered .
- 2021–12–04: We got a reply on GitHub stating that AUV3 could be possible with Flutter. We will check it out.
Why We Do Not Support AUV3 Yet
We have a heart for the next generation. We want to see Audanika be used in all countries by all humans, no matter which kind of smartphone or tablet they use. Thus we decided to offer Audanika not purely on iOS. Also, Android users should be able to use our digital music instrument.
Thus we implemented Audanika using Flutter, an open-source, cross-platform framework provided by Google. You write your app once and deploy it on Android, iOS, macOS, Windows, Linux, and Web.
While now Android as well iOS users can make music with Audanika, we have to face one major challenge: App extensions, the basis of AUV3 are not yet supported by Flutter.
We Need Your’s and Google’s Support
What is not, can still become. To provide Audanika as AUV3, Flutter needs to support iOS App Extensions.
- If you work at Google, even better, in the Flutter Team: Reach out to us and let’s talk how we can add App Extension support to Flutter.
- If you are part of the iOS music community: Please leave a comment below that post stating that you want to have Audanika as AUV3. Google will see your comments and higher prioritise our request.